What are the top ten reasons why people get injured on the job?
1) Self Reliance: An individual belief that …” I can do it myself and my way”.
2) Habit: The work process has become routine: “I have always done it this way”.
3) Complacency: The work processes are familiar and there is a failure to recognize changes: “I didn’t know …..”
4) Short Cuts: A belief culminating from reasons One through Three, there is a faster, easier way based upon Risk vs. Consequences. Failure to assess hazards, behaviors, and environments.
5) Lack of Training: At the time of orientation, job or position change, structure or process changes.
6) Management Directives: Direct or assumed contradiction of policies, procedures, or instructions by organizational leadership.
7) Lack of Communication: Failure to provide or understand essential information and directives.
8) Lack of Proper Equipment: Failure to provide, obtain, or utilize proper and essential equipment properly and routinely.
9) Using Defective Equipment: Failure to maintain or replace equipment. Failure to Audit.
10) Fatigue, Drugs, Alcohol
Get your team up to speed with safety regulations and protocol. Contact us today!