Every year, dozens of workers die and thousands more become ill while working in extreme heat or humid conditions. More than 40 percent of heat-related worker deaths occur in the construction industry, but workers in every field are susceptible. There is a range of heat illnesses and they can affect anyone, regardless of age or physical condition.
• Limit time in the heat and/or increase recovery time spent in a cool environment.
• Reduce the metabolic demands of the job.
• Increase the number of workers per task.
• Implement a buddy system where workers observe each other for signs of heat intolerance.
• Require workers to conduct self-monitoring and create a work group to make decisions on self-monitoring options and standard operating procedures.
Bring your team up to speed on safety measures in the workplace. Contact us today!